21 June 2007
Eight Points about a Highly Inefficient Person
I’ve been tagged by Deb V to give you eight random facts about me…I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here we go, eight random things (with a bonus feature of being numerically relevant to their placement in this list!):
- The number one reason people find my blog (via search engines) is because I’m allergic to avocadoes.
- My alma mater is playing in the College World Series again this year. UMich – the university from which I got my Ph.D. – knocked off #1 ranked Vanderbilt in a regional game, but lost to defending champs Oregon State on the road to Omaha. That’s 2 universities with connections to the College World Series.
- I have degrees from 3 universities: Rice, University of Maryland – College Park, University of Michigan. I joked that I should make the rounds of U of Ms, but not even I could stay in school that long!!
- I have to share a bathroom with 4 male humans. Can I win an award for this? If not now, how about when 3 of those male creatures are teenagers?
- My family of 5 is leaving for Costa Rica next week. We’re going to help build a playground for a Habitat community in San Ramón. Hopefully it will be easy to avoid avocados!
- We have 3 nieces on my side of the family, and 3 nephews on my husband’s side (which is how this qualifies as my entry for 6). A long time ago, I used the term “niephlings” as a gender-neutral term for nieces and nephews (combining niece, nephew, sibling). One of the radio shows that used to be on our NPR station had a segment where they were trying to get people to make up “missing words”. I sent this one in, and was called to be interviewed on air about it – and while on the phone they told me that someone else submitted the same word! I missed the show that weekend and have never been able to track down my segment, so I don’t know how I sounded, or if they determined who should get credit for “inventing” niephling. But I do know that the Oxford English Dictionary has not come calling.
- We just finished raising 7 toads from tadpoles. They were collected from a construction-related pond at a city park. I’ve been meaning to blog about it, but haven’t gotten around to it yet, so this will do for now – take a look at my tadpole set on Flickr.
- It’s been 8 days since Deb tagged me with this meme!
Now I tag: Michele T, Susan E, Ruth, Johnna, Jane Doe, and any Tom, Dick, or Harriet who happens to read this and is inspired to play along.